Engineer – Primary Packaging||Location:||Southeast-FL|
|Required Education:||B.S. in Packaging or Equivalent (M.S. Preferred)||Packaging Specialty:||Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical|
|Required Experience:||5 Plus Years||Required Travel:||Up to 15%|
(Salary Info)||Relocation Provided:||Yes, relocation available|
|Bonus Range:||10% (Bonus Info)||Other:||Very Hot to fill!|
|DESCRIPTION - PRIMARY DUTIES:|
Our client is an American company that is privately held and they have one of the oldest, best known and most
respected healthcare brands in the world. They are a leading supplier of products that help people live
better lives. Today, the company employs about 13,000 people in 36 countries. The company is committed to using a combination of customer engagement, innovation, and technology
to deliver products that are the best in their field and category! Their products are sold and
distributed in over 100 countries and their annual sales exceed $2.5 Billion.
Position: The Senior Engineer
- Primary Packaging is responsible for design, development, testing, manufacturing implementation and validation of sterile
and non-sterile packaging systems for ophthalmic medical products. This person will drive package component specification
and engineering development from concept ideation, prototyping, design evaluation, testing, manufacturing process development,
technology transfer, validation and production qualification to product launch. The scope includes serving as the technical
leader/project manager coordinating cross functional technical teams of internal staff and external suppliers/partners.
Specific Job Duties include:
- Lead the engineering activities supporting the design and development of new innovative packaging systems
for existing products and R&D pipeline products.
- Serve as the Package Development technical team
member on cross functional global teams, responsible for defining the packaging engineering project plan, developing design
requirements, specification definition, component testing and optimization, manufacturing process development and insuring
regulatory and quality compliance within industry standards (FDA, ISO, etc.).
- Conduct design reviews,
feasibility assessments, material and process recommendations and costing.
- Perform Package integrity
testing, transport testing, design verification and validation protocol development and reports.
new materials, technologies and equipment that will add convenience for our customers, reduce manufacturing and material costs,
improve efficiencies and build on our sustainability initiatives.
- Incorporate DFSS tools into design process
to insure robust package component design.
- Recommend vendors and participate in the supplier evaluation,
selection and qualification process.
- Design and execute experiments (DOE’s) to optimize manufacturing
- Technology transfer of new products and processes to the manufacturing floor.
effectively within team, to R&D and Engineering management on packaging development progress.
Role Reports to: Manager of Engineering
- IDEAL BACKGROUND:|
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred (degrees in, but not limited to: Packaging Engineering or related
Engineering degree with relevant packaging experience). |
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in packaging
development with several successful primary packaging development projects completed (ophthalmic product packaging experience
a plus). Experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
prefer local candidates and they have no relocation package.
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulations and standards (FDA, ISO, ANSI, ASTM, ISTA, EU) governing
sterile packaging qualification, package integrity and transport ship testing.
- Broad knowledge of primary and secondary packaging materials, package forming and sealing, packaging equipment and
automation, sealing, labeling and coding processes.
engineering problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Proven track record of delivering to project objectives.
- Experience in a structured product development process, design and change control process.
- Familiar with package design software preferred (SCORE, ArtiosCAD, AutoCAD).
- Experience with an electronic document control system preferred (such as Documentum).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to influence across levels of organization.
- Software skills in: WORD, Excel, PowerPoint.
in DFSS, DOE design, execution and analysis.
- Self-directed, well-organized
with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Willing to travel domestically
Pass this job along to a colleague.
|Quality Search, 1820 Graham Drive • Chesterton • IN • 46304-1627 •
(219) 926-7772 (HQ) • www.qsjobs.com|
The opportunity above is very “Active”
and if you are interested, and a good fit, you must advise as soon as possible. If
you are not, thank you for passing it along to a colleague who could
benefit. Inquiries will be handled promptly, professionally and confidentially and please
refer to Job Order # 3800 when inquiring. If you have already been working with one of our Quality Search representatives, they will appreciate you contacting that individual directly.
Please respond to only “one” recruiter to avoid confusion and duplication of efforts! For
convenience and reference, contact information for each individual team member is below:
You may also contact Quality Search for further details.
Our very best regards
and one of us will look forward to working with and for you in your career enhancement!
President, Quality Search
Sincerely, Jeff Wolfe
"Our goal is to find the "Right"
Position that Matches your Requirements!"