JO-4145 Quality Search Since 1981
Research Scientist, Packaging Development
6 or more years
B.S. Degree in Packaging or equivalent
The emphasis for the position is packaging innovation and there is a need to collaborate.
. Includes the use of the Stage-Gate process. Materials include rigid plastics,
aerosol, closures, etc. There are two positions available.
DESCRIPTION - DUTIES
This company is a global enterprise with core competencies
in the fields of Life Science Personal Care. Their products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their
quality of life.
- Managing Packaging Development
- Supporting identification of packaging Development strategy
for assigned projects.
- Support develop and communicate timelines and cost
for assigned projects.
- Clearly identify and escalate project risks to Technical
Sub-Team and Core Project Team;
- Coordinate and execute laboratory development
- Provide oversight of junior level Packaging Development colleagues
to execute experimental plans and batch manufacturing, as applicable.
external development activities (as required) by providing technical leadership and accountability for delivering
- Presenting sub-team recommendations, conclusions,
and challenges to Technical Leads.
- Lead development and/or author of technical
documentation to support launch and regulatory approval of projects (i.e. Development Plans, Development.
- Reports and Technical Regulatory Documentation);
and leverages consumer insights into the development of consumer-centric packaging solutions.
- The Research Scientist-PD provides leadership by acting as technical expert for packaging technology
by providing sound technical expertise to Innovation Team, category leads, technical sub-teams and category technical
- Coordinating the incorporation of Packaging Development feedback into
Stage Gate Documents;
- Propose strategic research initiatives and plan
new packaging roadmaps that positively impacts company’s portfolio;
and develop novel packaging and technology concepts and solutions based on knowledge/experience of equipment
technology, packaging materials and Company manufacturing capabilities for new and/or cost saving projects in
- Develop and maintain network of internal and external
partners and establish key collaborations that positively impact business growth.
REQUIREMENTS - BACKGROUND
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Packaging or equivalent.
A minimum of
6 years with a Bachelor degree or 4 years with a Master degree and relevant packaging engineering development experience. Ph.D. with postdoctoral experience;
- Strong track record leading packaging design and innovation activities;
- Ability to balance innovation, cost and manufacturability of new packages;
- Team player that builds strong relationships and can manage teams without direct authority;
- Working knowledge of solid, semi-solid and liquid packaging structures and equipment;
- Aerosol knowledge strongly desired;
- Experience generating packaging specifications and packaging batch records;
- Working knowledge of packaging unit operations and machinery at pilot and commercial scale;
- Ability to work independently, leading packaging projects.
Contact us to discuss this opportunity - OR - Pass this job along to a fellow Packaging Professional
Quality Search, 1820 Graham Drive • Chesterton • IN • 46304-1627 • (219) 926-7772 (HQ) • www.qsjobs.com