JO-4146 Quality Search Since 1981
Senior Engineer, Packaging Innovation
5 or more years
B.S. Degree in Packaging or equivalent
Prefer local but possible assistance for a renter in a lump sum
have proven innovation experience and have at least 5 years of experience with some of the following materials/technologies:
Bottles, tubs, tubes, caps, closures, pumps, aerosol..
This company is a global company with over 6,000
employees. Their portfolio of over 25 brands touches lives in more than 50 countries. They make products
that families rely on and trust..
Position Responsibilities: The Senior Engineer, Packaging will develop
innovative packaging across the portfolio of personal care products. He or she will serve as the primary packaging engineer
in support of Innovation projects including development of product concepts, proving out feasibility, and readying concepts
for transfer into feasibility phase to maintain a pipeline of new product concepts to fill the Company's 3-year roadmap.
In addition, they will monitor progress against timelines and due dates, as well as provide guidance and coaching to those
assigned on a project basis. They will also lead the project team, and will be assigned projects generally
more complex in scope.
with Consumer Insights group (s) to develop and support the execution of strategic consumer learning plans in support
of business objectives, including focus groups, including focus groups, ethnography, and product testing
- Communicate Concepts with consumer/professional groups
Discussion during product team meetings; communicate technical issues and details to the project team and management
- Conduct staff meetings
performance development plans for direct reports. Prepare necessary documentations FFA , IDP
- Co-ordinate the development efforts with outside component suppliers as well as contract manufactures both
domestically and internationally
- Collaborate with other functional groups,
Marketing, Operations, Product Development, Purchasing, Finance and Analytical
of budget assigned
- The position is that of a working project manager. In addition
to leading the team, He/she will be assigned projects generally more complex in scope
- Co-ordinate preparation of package prototypes for functional testing according to ASTM methods
- Develop and prepare package material specifications, assembly instructions and BOMs
- Maintain a common level of technical discipline to those assigned. Collaborate with peers
in execution development of the objectives set by the department Director
Trade/Industry Shows mining for new product ideas
- Keep abreast of existing
and new technologies that are applicable to areas of responsibility
IP (intellectual property) within area of responsibility
- Provide coaching and
mentoring to those assigned by manager.
- Guide discussion during product team meetings,
communicate technical issues and details to the project team and management.
REQUIREMENTS - BACKGROUND
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical
Engineering, or equivalent degree. MS will be a plus.
A minimum of
Minimum of 5 years of package development experience required, ideally with consumer products companies. Knowledge
of a wide variety of packaging components and properties such as; aerosols, pumps, closures, bottles, tubes, flexible
films and lamination, paperboard (folding cartons, cards, labels) plastic processing (injection and extrusion blow molding
and cast and blown films.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience dealing with packaging component suppliers.
- Experience in running overall development of new packaging structures from concept to manufacturing)
- Experience with standard test methods as ASTM, GMPs OTC test and protocols.
- Must have good aesthetic "innovative" design skills.
- Must have the ability to develop innovative solution for new product ideas.
- Must have the ability to communicate product concepts utilizing Pro Engineer, sketches
and verbal direction.
- Must be familiar with various
manufacturing processes and mold types (e.g. injection molding, blow molding, assembly methods, decoration methods,
mono and multilayer film processing knowledge a plus, etc.)
- Must have the ability to evaluate designs concepts to prove out feasibility.
- Must have the ability to manage third party relationships (e.g. outside design consultants,
inventors, suppliers, etc.
- Proficient with CAD/CAM systems
such as AutoCAD, Artios, Solid Works or ProE.
Project Management Skills:
- Must have the ability to prioritize and organize workload on multiple programs of low-to-medium complexity.
- Must have the ability to develop and implement
schedules and ensure that engineering procedures are followed.
- Must have the ability to manage assigned projects, monitoring the status of all elements affecting the outcome
of the program.
- Must have the ability to guide
laboratory support personnel as required to accomplish a task.
- Must have the ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical information via verbal presentation
and in writing with management, team members and support personnel with normal supervision.
Skills & requirements:
- Effective verbal / written communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills. Ability to interface with
internal and external contacts at all levels. Ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical information
via verbal presentations and in writing.
- Must be
a highly credible individual capable of rapid engagement, and of bridging relationships between R&D and
other functional areas.
- Must be capable of quickly
establishing relationships both internally and externally, and at all levels.
- Ability to develop and execute innovative solutions for new product ideas. Highly analytical and skilled in
achieving operational efficiencies and committed to quality. Capable of seeing the big picture.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, and capable of working across multiple functional
areas, with a true sense of urgency in responding to delivering on challenges.
- Good computer skills. Proficiency with Word, Excel, Access/databases e-mail and internet applications.
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and follow up skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks / projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think and act independently and make sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Contact us to discuss this opportunity - OR - Pass this job along to a fellow Packaging Professional
Quality Search, 1820 Graham Drive • Chesterton • IN • 46304-1627 • (219) 926-7772 (HQ) • www.qsjobs.com
"Our goal is to find
the "Right" Position that Matches your Requirements!"