This is a leading global medical device company and leader in new product development and medical education in orthopedics.
With a corporate mission of helping surgeons treat their patients better, the company has pioneered the field of arthroscopy
and developed more than 11,000 innovative products and surgical procedures to advance minimally invasive orthopedics worldwide.
They continues to experience unprecedented growth and demand for their products throughout the world. They are a privately
held company with a family business culture committed to delivering uncompromising quality to the healthcare professionals
who use their products, and ultimately, the millions of patients whose lives they impact.
Position: The Packaging Engineer will provide packaging engineering and related support to Product
Development Engineering. He or she will recommend design changes to improve overall package performance and/or reduce
costs. They also will help support and fulfill all of the companies packaging objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Packaging selection and design
- Participate in Design Reviews to provide packaging engineering input.
- Review current/existing
materials for appropriateness.
- New component designs – work with contracted vendors
to meet customer needs (internal warehouse needs, sterilization method issues, heat sensitivity, etc.).
specifications for new component designs.
- Orchestrate any required testing to assure viability
of product and sterile barrier protection.
Label content and design
- Interact with Marketing, Product Managers and Regulatory Affairs to determine descriptive content
of labeling. Generate and maintain label specification drawings.
- Generate product graphic content and
provide files to vendors as required for label production.
- Review status of trade names and Patent Numbers
with Legal for inclusion with labeling information.
Drafting of all CAD documents
- Creation of new drawings utilizing AutoCAD drafting software.
- Maintenance and revisions of existing
- Apply engineering drawing practices to meet drafting requirements per ANSI Y14.5.
- Generate CR (Change Request) documentation
- Develop Bill of Materials and required documentation
for packaging and labeling in a timely manner to meet product launch date requirements.
- Maintains records
of Package testing for all new product development
- Retrieves and reviews test data provided to Company
by subcontracted vendors. Interpret test results and generate test data reports.
- Compile and maintain
test report logbook.
- Coordinates design fulfillment for sterilization/instrument cases.
- Acts as liaison between case vendor and Company development team to complete new cases and revise existing
to meet latest requirements
- Finalizes case development by authoring final specification
The above statements
describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management. Medical experience
or knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.