Someone with e-commerce experience is
strongly preferred, CPG experience (personal care, cosmetics, home cleaning supplies, etc) required. This individual will
be responsible for key business development in the rapidly expanding field of e-commerce
Overview: This company was founded in
1876 and operates worldwide and employs approximately 50,000 people globally. The company holds leading positions with its
strong brands, innovations and technologies.
With strong positions in attractive markets the company is continuing to meet new
and changing demands with leading innovations, brands and technologies. It does so while meeting customer and consumer
demands for innovation, quality, service and sustainability.
Position: This opportunity will require a Packaging Engineer who is energetic and dynamic.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability
to manage demanding workloads are also key elements of success in this role. He, or she, will be responsible for key business
development in the rapidly expanding field of e-commerce packaging. The position will interact with a dedicated cross-functional
team of experts focused on growing and optimizing this area of FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Designing, testing
and executing e-commerce packaging programs for Company Laundry and Home Care product lines.
the Packaging thought leader for e-commerce in cross-functional team settings.
- Developing and commercializing
packaging solutions that support the organization’s goals and customer needs.
- Maintaining a focused
knowledge of packaging sustainability initiatives and future trends that would be beneficial to Company, its
retailers and consumers.
- Representing product lines as both the technical expert and face of packaging
communication to the broader community of Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Quality, Project Management and plant
- Developing, maintaining & distributing all related packaging specifications
& pallet patterns associated with projects.
- Collaborating with internal/external partners and
cross functional work teams to optimize package designs for product launches.
- Delivering gross
margin improvement projects through the optimization of primary & secondary package design or redesigning
of components to enhance manufacturing capabilities.
- Leveraging technical packaging knowledge to assist
the Quality Assurance organization in solving packaging related quality issues and providing guidance or process improvements
that minimize recurrence.
- Utilizing effective time management skills to assure required project milestones
are met amongst multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Providing technical support to ensure
quality standards, package performance, and continued supply of products and packaging materials.
- Participating on continuous improvement teams
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or equivalent related degree.
at least 2-5 years of relevant packaging industry experience. Knowledge of packaging (or related) technical procedures
commonly used in a laboratory setting.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with manufacturing processes related to plastics extrusion blow molding,
injection molding, flexible packaging (sachets & pouches) and secondary packaging materials/processes.
- Experience in barriers properties of packaging materials
- Experience in the use of statistical
tools for problem solving
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office software, Microsoft Project, CAPE or
- Proven Project Management and business skills.
- Understanding of
the levers of R&D in brand P&Ls
- Demonstrated Leadership & communication skills
in cross functional teams involving marketing, sales, purchasing and manufacturing in the development of new products
in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter, autonomous and demonstrated ability to bring
new unsolicited ideas and solutions to the table
- Ability to travel approximately 25%.
The ideal candidate
must have a demonstrated ability to think strategically while providing detailed packaging solutions to the business ambitions.
Previous experience with the development, testing and execution of e-commerce programs is highly desired.