Company Overview: This
client is one of the leading global suppliers to the beauty and wellness industries with over a century of expertise.
They are dedicated to the creation of meaningful discovery experiences for the industries they serve. As the leader in
their field, they are committed to continuous innovation while providing expert quality, value and service to deliver
influential moments to their clients. Their combination of unique industry knowledge, global manufacturing capabilities
and patented technologies allow them to deliver solutions that engage and drive results. With approximately 5,000 employees
worldwide and 150 at the HQ location in NJ, they are continuing to grow their business and markets.
Product Development Packaging Engineer will be responsible for package and process development and improvement, equipment,
and material sourcing/qualification.
Manage package development requests from conception
Follow a product development process using an engineering
Acts as the Project Manager (“voice to the customer”).
4. Publishes time lines using MS Project or equivalent discipline.
5. Prepares cost estimates used for CER and pricing estimate.
6. Tracks project spending to insure costs do not exceed the CER, or funding budget.
7. Holds kick-off, design review, project update meetings.
8. Works closely with engineering peers and owns the design and package development.
9. Uses SPC and can interpret run data (average, std. deviation, range, Cpk, Ppk, etc.).
10. Creates CAD drawings used for customer specification and sign-off.
11. Coordinates with the Customer, Plant, Lab, Quality & Account Manager.
12. Works closely with customer’s Package Engineer and holds customer project meetings.
13. Conducts unit cavity data reviews and makes recommendations prior to moving into production.
14. Organizes and leads the design review and pre-qualification meetings. Completes a pre-qualification
15. Working with Corp. Quality, reviews specifications and provides product drawings and specifications
to the plant.
16. Develops Quality control plan and reviews with the operations team.
17. Participates in all sampling qualification runs and line trials.
the plant, Quality Manager, reviews qualification data and makes recommendations. The Plant Quality Manager submits
customer waivers and obtains required approvals prior to production.
post project review meetings.
20. Assists with efficiency improvement programs (i.e. cycle improvement, light-weighting, downtime
21. Assists with new material evaluations, process and mold development programs that create standard
Research new materials, laminates, components, etc.
Learn machine capabilities, restrictions, and key
Other duties, as assigned.