Company Overview: This
company is a leading national manufacturer for the foodservice and retail industries. They specialize in branded and custom
made culinary bases and pan coatings that include shortenings, oils, dressings, sauces and margarines.
Senior Packaging Engineer will be responsible for identification, development and commercialization of new, improved and/or
cost-reduced structures and packages. The incumbent will act as a lead on technical projects; develop innovative approaches
toward achieving project objectives; and coordinate activities involving Packaging Engineering in company-wide projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Support initiatives of multiple business units in
new packaging product launches.
specify and install new packaging equipment, define packaging process parameters for operations.
Develop packaging QA test procedures and perform new
packaging supplier qualifications.
· Champion ideas for minimizing the cost of packaging components and improve operational performance
and quality via systems and design optimization.
· Lead the qualification process for new suppliers and packaging.
Review feasibility of new packaging specifications.
Development and execution of Qualification Protocol.
Support shelf life and distribution/ performance testing.
Determine production requirements and capital needed
for new packaging.
timelines for project completion.
the development process for new packaging concepts for Sales and Marketing initiatives.
This work includes the following tasks:
1. Present packaging cost and design options
2. Determine mechanical feasibility in production and distribution
3. Develop of concepts and modification of design based on focus group feedback
4. Determine production requirements and capital needed for design.
5. Support shelf life and distribution / performance testing
6. Develop and execute qualification protocols.
7. Travel up to 40% to manufacturing plants in US & Canada.
In addition, the Senior Packaging Engineer will develop and issue technical specifications
and qualification reports for packaging systems and components. They will align critical characteristics with QA requirements
and Packaging Certificates of Analysis. They also will identify new and applicable innovative packaging concepts
for the company and maintain and build upon a knowledge and understanding of emerging designs and technologies, recognizing
supplier capabilities, competitor or industry benchmarking, customer requirements and practices, and consumer trends.