Company Overview: They are leading global company offering imaginative solutions for
their customers through a diverse portfolio of well-known and trusted brands. They have built leading market positions
through new product innovation, product quality and competitive pricing.
Position: This Senior Packaging Engineer will work closely with a cross-functional global team, especially
R&D, Creative and Marketing across all company locations. You will be responsible for overseeing global structural
packaging development, testing, and implementation for most of this company’s Health & Home products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Responsible for overseeing structural packaging development for all domestic and some global packaging
projects managing testing, and implementation as needed
- Work closely with a
cross-functional global team, especially R&D, Creative and Marketing across all regions.
- Maintain alignment and collaboration with business stakeholders, leveraging their experience
and connections to suppliers, to assist with packaging solution efforts
internal packaging structure designs for corrugate, folding board cartons and interiors as well as plastic clamshells
and blister packs. Use best practices to achieve most efficient design to realize all functions and features
- Responsible for managing domestic testing related to packaging such as transportation,
drop, stacking, vibration, compression testing, etc.
- Assess the current
packaging structure process and identify areas to improve.
assessment and improvement of packaging design structure on existing products.
and understanding of competitive package structure designs.
familiar with how products travel through supply chain and impact on packaging design and testing.
- Review and maintain the companies packaging structure design guidelines, specifications, acceptance
criteria and test methods.
- Work with Creative team to integrate structure
and artwork into finished packaging.
- Provide recommendations on material
to use for intended packaging.
- Perform feasibility assessment and
cost estimation on above related works. Identify cost reduction solutions and quality improvement opportunities
- Lead packaging structure design reviews and testing verification. Support and
assist product reviews as needed
- Create packaging related documentation
and data sheets as needed
- Interface with China Sourcing and Packaging
teams to insure clear communication with vendors
- Perform other related duties
- Ensure packaging structures meet all customer and regulatory requirements for materials and testing