Overview: This global company has led the way for more than a century in developing
products designed to help meet the nutritional needs of pediatrics. Today, that passion remains their primary pursuit.
Parents and healthcare professionals around the world trust them to provide sustenance, strength and support to newborns,
infants, and young children They operate in a growing and vital industry, bringing to market a broad
portfolio of leading brands and more than 70 products. It is a strong and profitable company
that is very employee-oriented and they encourage a good work/life balance.
Position: The Senior Packaging Development Engineer position will be part of the North America Research & Development Function and will report
to the Head of Regional Packaging Design & Development. The scope of work is related, but not limited to innovation,
cost savings, brand maintenance and/or customer requests. The role will act as a key technical lead on various programs
from concept through commercialization. He, or she, will serve and be viewed as a key technical leader, with emphasis on
holistic package development practices within the department. The individual will be expected to accomplish objectives
through their individual contributions as well as indirect reporting relationships within the department and/or function.
Technical Knowledge / Acumen
· Creates packaging material specifications, associated drawings, and packaging procedural
specifications to provide the required technical information necessary to support the product/packaging configurations.
· Possesses and applies an understanding of industry knowledge and technical expertise
in research and data analysis to create best in class products
· Identify material requirements, draft specifications, and apply testing procedures to ensure projects deliver
efficient cost, line performance, package quality, supply chain robustness, and fulfill the consumer need state.
· Participate in or assist in developing consumer studies to understand consumers’
behaviors or preferences as it relates to company’s packaging and its implication on Total User Experience.
· Applies fundamental packaging principles in recognizing potential issues
and identifies timely and cost effective solutions.
Applies technical packaging knowledge and information
from a wide variety of sources to solve difficult problems and provide solutions based on risk and benefit assessments.
Maintain a developed technical acumen of company
packaging formats such that incumbent is comfortable communicating information about our packages in cross functional settings
when accuracy of information matters.
Leads and/or participates in project meetings,
issues related to documentation, produces and manage timelines, manage project communications down and across the business
Demonstrates project planning and management
skills for streamlined execution by effectively prioritizing responsibilities to ensure excellence in project completion.
· Conduct root cause analysis, facilitate a D.O.E, and apply trouble shooting techniques
to solve for technical issues and performance challenges.
· Plans, leads and attends packaging manufacturer and company plant trials to assist in evaluation and problem resolution.
· Manage and conduct lab analysis, production line trials and supplier testing as
needed on related projects. Generate and analyze performance based data to drive technical and business recommendations.
· Supports the development of packaging cost models and scenarios comparing and contrasting
alternatives to recommend ideal solutions.
· Analyzes the industry/customer/prime prospect dynamics, scientific/technical feasibility, and market viability in
all aspects of the R&D process to build innovative solutions that enhance organizational value.
· Supports the identification and development of enabling technologies that drive breakthrough
new packages, cost savings and/or core renovation initiatives.
· Effectively partner with the business to commercialize packaging solutions for medium projects/programs that are
led by others or small projects/programs lead by others or the incumbent. Partner with other department
staff to effectively support large projects/program led by others.
· Support the research of equipment solutions at the front end, support identifying new technologies or
appropriate existing technologies for the organization, for transition to Engineering.
· Work across all functions, including the balance of R&D, Operations, Quality, Engineering, Commercial, Procurement
and Suppliers to support project launches as need.