Search - Since
Research Scientist, Packaging Development
6 or more years
B.S. Degree in Packaging or equivalent
The emphasis for the position is Packaging Innovation not just someone
who has only done commercialization.
DESCRIPTION - DUTIES
Company Overview: This company is a global
enterprise with core competencies in the fields of Life Science Personal Care. Their products and services are designed
to benefit people and improve their quality of life.
- Supporting identification of packaging Development strategy for assigned projects.
- Managing Packaging Development Projects;
- Provide oversight of junior level Packaging
Development colleagues to execute experimental plans and batch manufacturing, as applicable.
- Support, develop and communicate timelines and cost for assigned projects.
- Clearly identify and escalate project risks
to Technical Sub-Team and Core Project Team;
and execute laboratory development activities;
external development activities (as required) by providing technical leadership and accountability for delivering timing
- Presenting sub-team recommendations, conclusions,
and challenges to Technical Leads.
development and/or author of technical documentation to support launch and regulatory approval of projects (i.e. Development
- Reports and Technical
- Seeks and leverages
consumer insights into the development of consumer-centric packaging solutions.
- The Research Scientist-PD provides leadership by acting as technical expert
for packaging technology by providing sound technical expertise to Innovation Team, category leads, technical sub-teams
and category technical leads;
- Coordinating the
incorporation of Packaging Development feedback into Stage Gate Documents;
- Propose strategic research initiatives and plan new packaging roadmaps that
positively impacts company’s portfolio;
and develop novel packaging and technology concepts and solutions based on knowledge/experience of equipment
technology, packaging materials and Company manufacturing capabilities for new and/or cost saving projects in
- Develop and maintain network of internal and external
partners and establish key collaborations that positively impact business growth.
REQUIREMENTS - BACKGROUND
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Packaging or equivalent.
Experience: A minimum of 6 years with a Bachelor degree or 4 years with
a Master degree and relevant packaging engineering development experience. Ph.D. with postdoctoral experience;
- Ability to balance innovation, cost and manufacturability of new packages;
- Working knowledge of packaging unit operations
and machinery at pilot and commercial scale;
track record leading packaging design and innovation activities;
- Team player that builds strong relationships and can manage teams without direct
- Working knowledge of solid, semi-solid and liquid
packaging structures and equipment;
knowledge strongly desired;
- Experience generating
packaging specifications and packaging batch records;
to work independently, leading packaging projects.
Contact us to discuss this opportunity -
Quality Search, 1820 Graham Drive • Chesterton • IN • 46304-1627 • (219)
926-5015 (HQ) • www.qsjobs.com