This client is one of the leading global suppliers to the beauty and wellness industries with over a century of expertise.
It is dedicated to the creation of meaningful discovery experiences for the industries it serves. As the leader in its
field, it is committed to continuous innovation while providing expert quality, value, and service in delivering influential
moments to its clients. Its combination of unique industry knowledge, global manufacturing capabilities, and patented
technologies allow it to deliver solutions that engage and drive results. With approximately 5,000 employees worldwide and
150 at the HQ location in NJ, it continuing to grow its business and markets.
Position: The Mechanical Engineer,
Packaging works with Engineering, Operations, Sales, and Procurement teams to create and design packaging and processes.
This position plays an integral role in helping the Company to acquire new business and execute in-house projects. The
Mechanical Engineer mainly will be responsible for primary packaging design and equipment layout, engineering support during
production, material sourcing/qualification, and general troubleshooting.
1. Creates Solid Work drawings used for design and tooling specification and sign-off.
2. Creates CAD drawings used for customer specification and sign-off.
3. Manage package development requests from conception to commercialization.
4. Follow a product development process using an engineering methodology.
5. Publishes time lines using MS Project or equivalent discipline.
6. Prepares cost estimates used for CER and pricing estimate.
7. Tracks project spending to insure costs do not exceed the CER or funding budget.
8. Conducts unit cavity data reviews and makes recommendations prior to moving into production.
9. Holds kick-off, design review, project update meetings.
10. Works closely with engineering peers and owns the design and package development.
11. Works closely with customer’s Engineer and holds customer project meetings.
12. Organizes and leads the design review and pre-qualification meetings. Completes a prequalification checklist.
13. Working with Corporate Quality, reviews specifications and provides product drawings and specifications
to the plant.
14. Organize and participates in all sampling qualification runs and line trials.
15. Uses SPC and can interpret run data (such as average, std. deviation, range, Cpk, Ppk).
16. Conducts post project review meetings.
with efficiency improvement programs (i.e., cycle improvement, light-weighting, downtime reduction, etc.).
18. Assists with new material evaluations, process and mold development programs that create standard
Learn machine capabilities, restrictions, and key
new materials, laminates, components, etc.
duties, as assigned.