With sales exceeding $15 billion this
company has a worldwide team of 38,000. It produces major brands of food products enjoyed in more than 100 countries
on six continents. Ranked as one of the top 20 companies in the U.S, it serves the World by Making Food People Love.
The Senior Packaging Engineer will provide technical leadership and knowledge for the company businesses.
The Packaging Engineer will be a part of a fully integrated cross-functional team working closely with R&D Platforms,
Sourcing, Quality, Engineering, Marketing and Operations. The team is responsible for identifying top opportunities for
HMM and innovation, and advancing those priorities. The role is very focused on successfully delivering against
key development projects, generating a pipeline of new ideas, and supporting key system needs at our production facilities
while maintaining high quality standards for our materials.
In this role you will:
- Proactively lead collaboration with cross-functional partners
to develop margin improvement and technical innovation opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with key business and platform partners in order to
support new product launches and other key initiatives.
- Effectively partner with supplier resources against key initiatives, showing
a bias for results.
effective communication and documentation of work including technical plans, experimental reports, financial
analysis, and management updates.
- Conduct and/or manage supplier experiments, trials, and analyses to validate and advance technical packaging
- Build internal
and external networks, relationships, and understanding of internal and external customer needs to effectively
influence and gain support for initiatives.
- Build and leverage depth of technical material knowledge to drive innovation and margin improvements.
- Collaborate and influence both
internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical
- Requires 3 or more years of full time work experience are required
(5 or more are preferred)
packaging material knowledge and/or strong desire to expand deep material knowledge
- Ability to lead multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
while delivering significant results
- Ability to apply engineering principles and statistics to solve problems and make data-based
- Solid verbal
and written communication skills
- Desire to challenge the status quo in order to discover new approaches
- Experience with GMI information systems or tools: SAP,
- Ability to
effectively communicate and influence with technical as well as non-technical counterparts is a key requirement
Quality Search, 1820 Graham Drive,
Chesterton, IN 46304 • (219) 926-5015 • www.qsjobs.com
We promise never to share your information with anyone without your prior consent.