Company: This iconic and leading food company employs approximately 18,000 people in 50 locations and has annual
revenues of $11 billion. They were founded 100 years ago and their portfolio of iconic and emerging food brands continues
to evolve to offer contemporary choices for every occasion. Headquartered in the Midwest, they make and sell products
under various brand names that are available in supermarkets, restaurants, and food service establishments.
Position: The Packaging Engineer will Identify, develop and commercialize new, improved, and cost-reduced
packaging while supporting cross-functional project responsibilities. With minimal supervision, he or she will lead base
business technical initiatives. Under the guidance of senior level engineers, they will provide secondary support for
technical initiatives and act as a key packaging resource for designated brand(s) within a platform.
lead the technical delivery of multiple standard projects.
- With guidance, support highly
complex technical projects.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in selected packaging technology and educate
packaging staff on such technology.
- Provide support to designated business groups to resolve packaging
- Work directly with business partners (Brand, Finance, etc) and RQI peers (Product Development,
Quality, etc) on assigned brands.
- Coordinate and execute experiments, as well as plant trials; prepare results
in technical reports, both written and oral, for review with minimal supervision.
develop, and issue technical specifications.
- Maintain awareness of technical trends and developments
in the packaging industry.
- Participate in brainstorming and information gathering efforts for resource planning
process as needed.
- Collaborate with Consumer Insights on testing of new package ideas.
- Maintain strong communication on projects with internal and external cross functional teams.
- Gain familiarity with fiscal and strategic plans of team.
- Be aware of project tasks and
how they impact the project budget.
- Contribute as needed on cross-functional teams.
- Acquire working knowledge of the packaging principles and operating systems for assigned platform
Education: Bachelors in Packaging, Engineering or related field; Masters preferred.
Experience: Requires a minimum of 2 -5 years of work experience in packaging or engineering industry, Foods, CPG preferred.
Solid understanding of packaging materials capabilities and equipment.
- Knowledge of
- Strong ability to collaborate and maintain cross-functional partnerships.
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving abilities.
- Developing troubleshooting skills
with ability to “think on their feet.”
- Understanding of business principles.
- Financial understanding to optimize profitability.
- Advanced verbal and written
- Ability to travel up to 20-40% of time. Must be able to travel independently
and as a responsible Company representative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Quality Search, 1820 Graham Drive
• Chesterton, IN 46304-1627 • (219) 926-5015 • www.qsjobs.com
We promise never to share your information with anyone without your prior consent.
Must be a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident or have authorization to work in the