Director - Brand Package Development - Cosmetics
Support Corporate strategy to continue to be the global leader in
prestige beauty by ensuring brand packaging is developed to support the values of unrivaled quality, creativity and innovation.
Support designated business segment by being the brand steward for the package, ensuring all aspects meet or exceed the
quality, creative and product delivery requirements within a managed timeline and cost objective.
· Represent the culture and DNA of the brand or business segment being managed.
Package Concept Feasibility
· Drive innovation by presenting new packaging concepts, technologies and delivery systems
to support new Marketing, Product Development and Design ideas.
Search new applicable technologies
both within and outside our industry in order to continuously evaluate best practice and support product innovation.
Provide comprehensive feasibility
of each concept or package that defines function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, preliminary development
lead time, risk and global consistency
Support the Strategic Management
Initiative by managing all aspects of the development process.
· Packaging outline development.
Component/ Package costing specifications
and technical profiles.
· Supplier recommendation /selection.
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
(Pre-Design Turnover and Post Business Award).
· Suggest tooling strategy to support both preliminary forecast and weekly rate of production
· Build value analysis into every new development ensuring the construction and design
provides the most cost-effective way to achieve design criteria but also provide the best function and quality.
· Manage projects through Technical Packaging to ensure design and construction meets all Estee Lauder
· Develop and implement package test plans for all projects.
Work with Manufacturing and Quality
Engineering to define specifications, design criteria and defect ranges to ensure optimal process flow from manufacture
of components through filling and assembly.
Education - Minimum of a BS degree in Packaging Science or Engineering.
8 + years experience in cosmetic package development.
Concentrated experience in prestige beauty industry with proven development experience in color, fragrance,
skin care categories.
Proficiency in computer systems including Unique Package Definition Systems, MS Excel, Word, Outlook
and Timeline management systems.
Technical competency in
analysis of geometric objects in 2 and 3 dimensions including understanding of clearances, fit and finish of packaging components
Comprehensive knowledge of materials used in the construction and manufacturing of primary,
secondary and tertiary packaging including but not limited to:
· Extrusion molding.
· Metal forming.
· Assembly of components.
· Dispensing systems (Pump, Airless).
Folding carton and rigid box design.
· Comprehensive knowledge of decorating techniques and materials used on primary, secondary and tertiary
· Comprehensive knowledge of test methods used to validate component/package performance.