COMPANY: This privately held company was started over 20 years ago and has focused on healthy nutritional products
for active people.
DUTIES: The Packaging
Engineer Manager, Sustainability & Innovation will
provide packaging leadership to manage strategic growth & cost optimization projects from design through commercialization.
They will also be responsible for material evaluations, data management, supplier management, sustainability assessments,
process and quality improvements.
- Lead research and drive execution
on sustainable packaging substrates, feasibility, testing criteria & supplier capabilities.
and work with suppliers to provide rapid turn-around of credible prototypes for technical evaluation, feasibility
and internal sell in.
- Create design guides and internal standards to ensure lessons learned are captured
and embedded back into the process for all new products and/or category launches.
packaging issues arising from designs, materials and processes; identify root cause and implement creative, timely
and cost-effective solutions.
- Provide packaging R&D leadership and present opportunities for improvement
to the Director of Packaging Design.
- Be a genuine Company ambassador, who embodies the aspirations
and ingredients in all communications and interactions.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering (or equivalent) with minimum of five (5) years of experience.
- Experience in development, and innovative application of, sustainable packaging
materials, and a thorough understanding of the concept of packaging environmental impacts.
and understanding of packaging design validation standards (ISO, ASTM, etc)
- Software experience including
TOPS, specification database, and Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to travel up to 25% (Domestic
Quality Search, 1820 Graham Drive
• Chesterton, IN 46304-1627 • (219) 926-5015 • www.qsjobs.com
We promise never to share your information with anyone without your prior consent.
Must be a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident or have authorization to work in the