COMPANY: This company
is located and headquartered in Central Wisconsin. It is a privately held, national leader in natural cheese packaging, providing custom solutions of all shapes and
sizes for clients large and small, all with one constant mission – taking the needs of their clients from vision to
reality. The company employs over 2000 people and has been in existence since 1952. Since then the
company has grown to become a leading independent packaged cheese manufacturer in the world. They have production
facilities in Idaho, Mississippi, and Wisconsin. They package a wide variety of cheeses for third-party customers
and offer custom packaging services. The company has a reputation for being a great place to work.
DUTIES: The Packaging Engineer will work in the R&D Packaging Development Department. He, or she, will be
managing new packaging development projects, and the improvement of existing packaging and packaging processes. Additional
project activities will include:
- Packaging concept design and evaluation
(feasibility, cost, ergonomics), refinement and testing of new packaging and materials,
- Data collection
and analysis, project timeline development and management, development and maintenance of specifications, and
development of cost estimates.
- Successfully interacting with Packaging Suppliers, R&D, Marketing, Sales,
and Supply Chain.
- Managing in a proactive manner to assure that product quality and safety is not
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and
developing new packaging concepts to satisfy unmet customer/consumer needs.
- Driving business
growth through emerging technologies.
- Working in multifunctional teams with Sales/Marketing, Supply
Chain, R&D and Suppliers to commercialize new and improve existing packaging.
- Preparing project
timelines and tracking progress on design through implementation.
- Developing cost estimates for
new product/packaging programs.
- Preparing and executing plans for the monitoring and testing of various
- Providing support to Operations; identifying machine/package material interface
opportunities and working with suppliers to address.
- Supporting the development and qualification of
new packaging systems.
- Logging and tracking material quality issues in the QMS system.
- Driving quality improvement initiatives with material suppliers.
- Maintaining regulatory compliance
documentation for food contact packaging materials.
- Identifying, quantify, test and executing cost savings
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering
along with 2-5 years experience in Packaging Engineering. In addition, the candidate should have
a strong track record of successful new packaging launches within a consumer goods company, preferably with Foods.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply fundamental engineering principles for the evaluation and optimization of Marathon
- Thorough knowledge of flexible films, pressure sensitive labels, reclose technology
and corrugated designs used for consumer goods packaging.
- Working knowledge of the equipment and processes
used to fill or create flexible (flow wrap/stand up pouches) and corrugated packaging.
- Ability to use
current PC-based software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Artios CAD, TOPS, etc.).
- Ability to conduct physical labor with or without an accommodation.
- Ability to analyze and solve
- Demonstrated drive and commitment
- Demonstrated adaptability
- Strong written
and verbal communication skills
- Displayed team commitment
- Project management
- Ability to use technical and functional expertise.
Quality Search, 1820 Graham Drive
• Chesterton, IN 46304-1627 • (219) 926-5015 • www.qsjobs.com
We promise never to share your information with anyone without your prior consent.
Must be a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident or have authorization to work in the