Company: A Massachusetts-based global
company that specializes in bioprocessing. Founded in 1981, this company has provided novel technologies to inspire advances
in modern bioprocessing. With approximately 760 employees and a year over year growth rate of nearly 40%, they are poised
to be extremely successful. They have 9 manufacturing plants located throughout the US and world. In 2010, they entered
a period of rapid growth, propelled by a combination of R&D innovation and strategic acquisitions. This growth accelerated
in 2012 when they made the strategic decision to focus on bioprocessing products and systems. In 2018, the company was
named one of the Top 100 fastest growing companies in the USA This growth continues today, driven by the technology leadership
of their products, and the company's commitment to always put the customer first.
Products: They have
become a leading pure-play bioprocessing tools provider by developing flexible, configurable and high-performing solutions.
Their customers use the high performance filtration systems to manufacture their drug and pharmaceutical products. They are a life sciences company focused on the development and
commercialization of high-value consumable products used in the process of manufacturing biological drugs. Their bioprocessing
products are sold to major life sciences and biopharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Job Description: The Senior Packaging Engineer will be a results-oriented, detail driven member of a growing team with a technical-requirements,
sustainability-minded and continuous improvement approach. He or she will lead and support packaging development strategies
for new products, product line extensions and existing product updates in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Responsibilities
include development and testing of new packaging for projects of moderate to high complexity across multiple company sites.
In addition they will lead the development, review, approval and maintenance of packaging component and system specifications
as well as regulatory-compliant packaging test reports. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Defining packaging testing and recertification requirements;
- Coordinate testing programs
internally and at third party testing facilities.
- Summarizing, analyze, draw conclusions and make
recommendations based on test results.
- Drive investigative bench study experiments for
packaging design as required.
- Working with external suppliers to design, specify and qualify both packaging
components and packaging systems.
- Performing root cause analysis and data gathering/analysis related to packaging
design, material, process failures, customer complaints and corrective actions as required.
activities relating to change of processes, components and raw materials utilizing Change Control procedures.
and participate in project teams to execute project goals and assignments.
- Partnering with Quality and
Regulatory colleagues to ensure compliance with regulatory authority guidance/requirements for packaging operations
- Supporting Company operations in the California location.
- Drive packaging projects and collaborate
with R&D colleagues early in new product development projects to ensure robust and on-time product launches
through package design, material testing, prototype development and performance testing.
packaging design changes to ensure they are systematically and thoroughly analyzed through proper justification and/or
data collection for verification of performance requirements.
- Lead and support cross-functional
teams with R&D, engineering, project management, quality, manufacturing, product management, supply chain,
regulatory and marketing to ensure project success.
- Generate and support preparation of packaging specifications,
capability studies, test plans, test protocols, test reports, risk assessments and other relevant project/process
- Trouble-shoot and resolve new and existing packaging issues involving designs,
materials, and processes through creative, timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Analyze engineering
drawings and specifications of products to determine physical characteristics, special handling/environmental/safety
concerns, and types of materials and design features required for packaging development.
Knowledge, Skills Abilities :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging
Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Five to ten years of Packaging Engineering or Packaging for
Operations experience in life/bioscience, biotechnology or related environment
knowledge related to paperboard, corrugated, flexible packaging films, thermoformed trays, injection molded parts,
labels and packaging equipment
- Experience with ISO/ASTM/ISTA standards and 49CFR capability
- Demonstrable proficiency in 3D CAD or SolidWorks software is a plus
- Ability to work independently to plan and schedule activities necessary to meet project timelines
- Understanding of quality system controls (e.g. user needs, design inputs/outputs, verification/validation,
- Ability to generate new packaging alternatives and recommendations for new products
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage
with limited direct supervision, working independently and leading cross-functional teams to meet organizational
- Quality-driven with strong work ethic with demonstrated problem solving capability
- Strong attention to detail; ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of associates and management
- Adaptable to
change and able to work successfully in fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Position will require
local travel to suppliers and test labs routinely with the potential for 1-2 domestic trips per year pending
projects and circumstances.