Our client has a mission to offer consumers everything they currently value about animal products by
making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues. To do this, they are taking a revolutionary scientific
and market-based approach. They are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat,
fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive
environmental or public health impact. Their world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform
to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. As a result the company is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely
committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production.
The Packaging Engineer, Bulk Ingredients will
help craft and optimize new packaging for company ingredients, and lead continuous improvement projects for existing packaging.
Collaborate with R&D, Manufacturing and Engineering to conduct appropriate bench and pilot testing. Ensure manufacturing
scale equipment will perform as intended. In addition you will:
- Identify and
apply new and existing packaging materials and technologies for bulk intermediate products that supply to company
- Collaborate with multifunctional core teams (R&D, Manufacturing, Purchasing,
Engineering, QA) to successfully identify, develop and implement for packaging new products in an accelerated
- Work with vendors to identify new packaging and technologies that may be utilized by Impossible
- Design, plan and execute packaging related studies for bench top, pilot plant and manufacturing
scale trials; gathering and analyzing data, detailing and reporting results, and make recommendations based on findings.
- Challenge convention, thinking creatively in terms of identifying new solutions for food packaging
- Develop, review and update packaging specifications as appropriate.
- Define and conduct, shelf life
and product stability studies, to advise package selection, product storage, labeling, and handling requirements.
- Provide strong technical leadership within a multi-functional team to drive the design and development
of innovative new products or optimization of existing packages
- BS/MS degree in Packaging, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical
Engineering, or a related field
- 5 plus years work experience in food or chemical packaging
(experience in CPG packaging will also be considered)
- Strong technical expertise and solid
understanding of packaging for food processing systems, such as liquids, powders and solid materials
with packaging of bulk materials such as drums, totes, IBC’s, tanks, sacks, etc.
- Knowledge of
Six Sigma, DOE and Statistical Process Control
- Knowledge of packaging software such as TOPS or
- Travel: At least 10%, depending on project needs.
Quality Search, 1820 Graham Drive
• Chesterton, IN 46304-1627 • (219) 926-5015 • www.qsjobs.com
We promise never to share your information with anyone without your prior consent.
Must be a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident or have authorization to work in the