Our client has invented efficient, sustainable ways to transform
ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers
demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact. As a result the company is experiencing rapid growth
and is committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production.
As the Senior Manufacturing Engineer,
Packaging, you will help design and optimize new primary food packaging (and subsequent packaging), and lead continuous
improvement projects for existing primary and secondary packaging. In addition, you will work multi-functionally with
R&D, PDC, and Engineering to ensure appropriate packaging materials and technologies are trialed during bench and pilot
testing to ensure the appropriate manufacturing scale equipment will perform as intended. You also will collaborate with
Manufacturing teams to develop and improve processes at all levels of the organization.
In addition your will:
- Lead the equipment selection for representative and scale trials based upon desired results.
User Requirement Specifications for equipment and materials based upon product requirements and bench, pilot,
and plant trials.
- Develop BFDs and perform Mass Balance studies.
- Identify equipment and vendors
to meet product, process, and capacity requirements.
- Develop RFPs and RFQs for equipment and materials.
with Product Innovation and Development to scale and optimize processes to produce high quality, safe products.
scaled down packaging processes for representative bench and pilot scale trials.
- Foster a collaborative learning
environment and mentor junior engineers.
in an Engineering field
- 5 or more years of experience in a food and/or beverage process manufacturing
- Experience in packaging engineering and design, including creating BFDs and Mass Balance
- Experience in scaling processes between bench, pilot, and manufacturing scales
- Experience in
leading projects from concept through validation: schedule development,
- equipment specification, installation,
commissioning, qualification, and verification
- Experience with various commercial food packaging, casing,
- Experience in sanitary design, Sanitary 3-A, USDA, and FDA food processing as well
- HACCP, OSHA, and other food production standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving
through a data based approach
- Ability Travel up to 25% for FATs and plant trials
Quality Search, 1820 Graham Drive • Chesterton, IN 46304-1627 • (219)
We promise never to share your information with anyone without your prior consent.
Must be a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident or have authorization to
work in the United States.