Looking for a Senior Packaging Engineer to
work at company headquarters. He, or she, will get to identify and drive new-to-market strategic technology platforms.
In addition, they will manage through ambiguity to build technical points of view to align recommendations, working both
independently and indirectly through others.
- Advise and collaborate with
leaders, strategic suppliers, customer stakeholders, and gatekeepers to build alignment against strategic initiatives.
- Independently lead packaging development initiatives in-line with the needs and expectations identified
by key stakeholders. Identify innovative solutions with attention toward benefit, sustainability, risk, and cost.
- Build and present business cases for packaging programs supported by financial assessments, technical
feasibility, customer benefit impact analysis, and risk assessments.
- Acting technology leader in
the field of fiber-based packaging technology OR thermoformed plastics, aligning strategic direction with suppliers,
managing and maintaining technical networks, coordinating new technology immersions, and providing mentoring
support for others.
- Proactively drive future consumer and market needs, structuring planned technology
evolution and changes through collaboratively developed detailed roadmaps and pipelines.
and maintain knowledge of critical consumer and operational issues as well as key packaging technologies relevant
to customers’ packaging.
- Continue to expand your technology skillset through developing technical depth
while continuing to work with a breadth of materials and processes.
- Build your business and leadership
skillsets through developing business knowledge and awareness while working toward developing leadership skills to
further progress the organization.
- Demonstrate technology leadership by managing supplier technical
relationships, coordinating new technology immersions, and providing mentoring support to other engineers.
- Assist with department continuous improvement, identifying and driving opportunity for departmental
changes which enable speed to market, innovation, and growth through improvements to training, technology transfer,
- Active membership representative in strategic consortiums and networking organizations,
influencing market changes in positive alignment with customer objectives, maintaining a pulse on the evolution
of technology, and leveraging relationships and insights to drive strategic packaging initiatives.
and maintain appropriate packaging specifications within the designated specification system.
thought leadership with conviction and ability to take managed risks, and demonstrate aptitude for innovation,
inspiring others to align against a strategic vision.
Desired Skills & Experience:
degree in Science/Engineering (packaging, material science, paper science, chemical, or mechanical, polymer
- 10+ years of experience in packaging development & engineering
- Experience in the foodservice, food, consumer goods, or packaging material supply industries
- Analytical approach to problem-solving and decision making
- Strong communication and presentation
- Customer relationship management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Strong organization and project management skills
Quality Search, 1820 Graham Drive
• Chesterton, IN 46304-1627 • (219) 926-5015 • www.qsjobs.com
We promise never to share your information with anyone without your prior consent.
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident or have authorization to work in the United States.