The Packaging Engineer will manage the design/plan/validation
and implementation of new packaging technologies, line extensions, package/product improvement and technical service that
meet product offering requirements.
- Executes moderate to complex technical assignments
including cost savings, quality improvements, operation support and new product development
- Uses technical
expertise on cross-functional project teams and technical oversight of internal and external
start-ups and ongoing technical service to independently determine and develop technical
to solutions on product development teams
- Functions as the Technical Leader for focused projects,
providing direction and monitoring various associates, support groups or contractors as project dictates. Identifies
and resolves technical conflicts, including resources, to ensure projects meet business expectations
execute and analyze experimentation
- Support on-going business projects, from start to finish, including
project development, specifications, in-process control points, testing requirements, operating guidelines,
trials, execution and maintenance.
- Develop external industry network through work with suppliers,
interactions and participation with technical organizations (IoPP, SPC, etc.)
- Identify basic
opportunities that drive value into the company
- Conduct all activities in compliance with established
safety standards and Good Manufacturing Principles (GMP) through others.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in Packaging or equivalent
- 4-10 years’ experience
ability to influence project direction by providing technical input to the planning and decision making process
- Proven skills in project management, negotiation, technical problem solving and ability to perform these
skills at an advanced level or higher
- Ability to interact and collaborate with R&D groups, external
resources, suppliers and consultants to achieve project objectives
- Proficient written and verbal
- Sound problem solving skills through collaboration and application of technical
- Solid understanding and experience with paperboard, corrugate, film, plastics and glass packaging
- Experience with TOPS/CAPE
Quality Search, 1820 Graham Drive
• Chesterton, IN 46304-1627 • (219) 926-5015 • www.qsjobs.com
We promise never to share your information with anyone without your prior consent.
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident or have authorization to work in the United States.